T-Mobile is the only US carrier offering the OnePlus 8T, and now the two companies are putting together a fun contest where you can win a phone, some earbuds, or up to $5,000. Here’s how.
The “OnePlus Go Farther” contest sees T-Mobile placing three “pop-up stores” at different locations somewhere in the United States. Through the help of hints on the official T-Mobile Twitter account, contestants are tasked with figuring out where those pop-up stores are and correctly answering that at oneplusgofarther.com.
The three pop-up stores are hidden somewhere in the U.S. in a place that lights up T-Mobile’s 5G network – the first and largest nationwide 5G network with coverage reaching all 50 states covering 270 million people across 1.4 million square miles. And remember T-Mobile’s 5G network reaches far beyond big cities, stretching all the way out to remote and rural locations.
Sound like finding a needle in a nationwide haystack? Head to @TMobile on Twitter for hints, riddles and images to help along the way – check back frequently as they will be given out multiple times a day throughout the week.
Clues will come out on November 12th, 16th, and 18th with announcements of the actual location coming out the following day.
Once the contest comes to a close, there will be three “reveal days” where winners will be announced. Three grand-prize winners will get $5,000 in cash and a custom-designed OnePlus 8T+ 5G. 100 winners will get a standard 8T+ and 300 more will get a free pair of OnePlus Buds Z.
We’ll update this article with each new clue and confirmed location as they’re announced.
- LOCATION 1 — Red Lodge, Montana
- Clue 1: You might have an easier time panning for gold than finding our Pop-Up. #OnePlusGoFarther.
- Clue 2: Our 5G network is as big as the sky. #OnePlusGoFarther
- Clue 3: Take a quick peak. Now you have your bearings.
- Clue 4: Don’t drive too fast down 212 toward Yellowstone! Go back and make sure you RED that right.
- LOCATION 2 — Tybee Island, Georgia
- Clue 1: Hot days, low country boils, college football, and sweet tea. Our next Pop-Up isn’t short on southern charm or our 5G network. (Still lost? Try your best ever, everyone.) #OnePlusGoFarther
- Clue 2: We love this Pop-Up location – it’s just peachy here. #OnePlusGoFarther
- Clue 3: If it’s old and haunted, you’re getting warmer. Escape as far east as you can to the OnePlus Pop-Up.
- Clue 4: Keep driving till the end of 80. You’re on the road to more 5G. #OnePlusGoFarther
- LOCATION 3
- Clue 1: You are going to have to hunt for this remote store. But you won’t need to hunt for a 5G signal. #OnePlusGoFarther
- Clue 2: Elevate your state of mind in our 5G empire, covering you from the capital of the world to the bottom of the falls. #OnePlusGoFarther
- Clue 3: Go up the river and stop before you hit Cairo. If you see pyramids, you’re in the wrong place. #OnePlusGoFarther
- Clue 4: Not Tannersville, not Palenville, but it falls somewhere in between. #OnePlusGoFarther
More on OnePlus:
- Verizon skips the OnePlus 8T as T-Mobile gets a special variant
- OnePlus Buds Z review: Borderline brilliant budget Bluetooth buds [Video]
- OnePlus will only give a single major Android update to its most affordable Nord phones
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.