The November security patch is rolling out this morning as the first update for the Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a 5G. All Made by Google phones also benefit from a number of fixes.
Google’s two newest phones see a bug that prevents phone calls when using Android Audio resolved. Auto-brightness response on the Pixel 5 in “certain outdoor lighting conditions” has been improved with the November update, along with “inconsistent touch sound in certain conditions.”
Meanwhile, the Pixel 4a will see improved touch response when using “certain screen protectors,” while owners of the mid-ranger and Pixel 4/XL will stop hearing audio stutter during playback in some applications. Those three devices also get a fix for incorrect audio routing while using Auto.
Google also touts a fix for the dark screen during phone calls on the 4 line, while the 3/XL and 3a will see improved screenshot access when using 2-button navigation.
All devices benefit from:
- Preventative fix for inadvertent playlist removal in YouTube Music
- Fix for bug preventing ringer audio for starred contacts in DND mode
- Fix for bug causing the screen to take after locking device in certain conditions
- Fix for hidden navigation during fullscreen media playback
More about Pixel 5:
- [Update: US, Verizon, EU] Google posts Pixel 5 ‘redfin’ and Pixel 4a (5G) ‘bramble’ factory images
- Google Pixel 5 camera earns 120-point score from DxOMark
- Pixel 5 teardown reveals wireless charging cutout, use of clips to attach screen
- Google Pixel 5 can be repaired same-day at all uBreakiFix locations in the US
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.