In this week’s top stories: A first look at the iris scanner on Samsung’s upcoming Galaxy Note 7, new Huawei devices, hands-on with the Moto G4 and G4 Plus, and the Pokemon Go craze continues.
We start off with the latest from Pokémon Go mania, updates for Hangouts, Google Keyboard 5.1 with custom themes and more.
- PSA: Pokémon Go is getting full access to Google Accounts for iPhone players
- Pokemon Go update finally adds support for Android N [Update: Intel x86 support, live in Germany]
- Google Keyboard 5.1 with custom themes rolling out, Clock app updated for Android N
- Opinion: Pokémon Go is technology at its absolute best
- T-Mobile is giving Pokemon Go players free, unlimited data (and a free Wendy’s Frosty)
- Hangouts for iOS now lets members of group Hangouts boot other members
- Hangouts for Android v11 finally adds video messaging [Update: And removes merged conversations]
We went hands-on with Android apps on Chrome OS this week as the Acer R11 and Chromebook Pixel (2015) picked up Play Store support.
- Hands-on: Chrome OS with Android apps makes for a worthy competitor to the desktop OS duopoly [Gallery]
- Acer R11 and Chromebook Pixel (2015) pick up Play Store support in latest Chrome OS update
Nest debuted its new Nest cam Outdoor alongside new features for existing users coming soon, and one report claimed Google plans to expand its family plans to services beyond Play Music.
- Nest debuts ‘Nest Cam Outdoor’ alongside new app & ‘Person Alerts’ feature
- Google to expand its family plans beyond just Play Music
We move on to the latest Android news, including a first look at the iris scanner on Samsung’s upcoming Galaxy Note 7 and new devices unveiled by Huawei this week, and we finish off with our hands-on video of the Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus.
- Take a first look at the iris scanner on Samsung’s upcoming Galaxy Note 7
- Samsung’s Galaxy S7 and S7 edge are beating the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus in US sales
- Comment: With a single update, Huawei just re-established Honor 5X as a great budget option
- Huawei officially unveils all-glass Honor 8 w/ P9 specs at half the price
- These 2016 Nexus renders give the phone(s) some color, but they aren’t realistic [Gallery]
- Huawei set to introduce the US to its affordable, glass-backed Honor 8 on August 16
Android Wear |
This week’s top videos |
Subscribe to get all 9to5Google’s stories delivered to your inbox daily. And to 9to5Toys for the the best deals from around the web.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.