Google is rolling out a new Google+ feature today that makes it easier to see what your friends have +1’d and for your friends to see what you have +1’d. Only a few posts will be highlighted, and Google says you have ultimate control over who will see your +1s.
- We’ll occasionally highlight posts that were +1’d by people in your circles
- And if you +1 a post, we may highlight it to your friends as well
- You can visit your settings to decide who, if anyone, might see your +1s highlighted in the stream
- In all cases: friends will only see +1s and posts they already had permission to see, we’re just calling extra attention to them
- And of course: if you’re seeing too much activity from a given circle, you can always turn down its volume, or exclude it from Home entirely
It’s clear that privacy is a big concern with this feature, so it’ll be interesting to see how it all works out. Google says it’s rolling out over the next few days to all users.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
You’re reading 9to5Google — experts who break news about Google and its surrounding ecosystem, day after day. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news, and follow 9to5Google on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to stay in the loop. Don’t know where to start? Check out our exclusive stories, reviews, how-tos, and subscribe to our YouTube channel