Silicon Filter grabbed some pertinent quotes from Marissa Mayer’s interview today at LeWeb on Mobile, Local, Social (SoLoMo). We’ll have the video up when it becomes available. Notables:
- Google+ was a pleasant surprise. Comparing to the low bar set by past efforts, we’ll give this one a “#obvious tag.
- “We save two years, every day, of idle time using Google Maps and Navigation.”
- Google+ Check-In Deals Coming Next Week (goodnight FourSquare?)
- On the location space in general, there is still a lot of competition
- Android is a vehicle for delivering Google services
- Marissa Mayer at LeWeb: Google+ Was a Pleasant Surprise (siliconfilter.com)
- Marissa Mayer: We’re saving 2 years every day with Google Maps and Navigation (thenextweb.com)
- Le Web: Marissa Mayer or Google Take Two (onemanandhisblog.com)
- Android: A vehicle to deliver Google services (news.cnet.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
You’re reading 9to5Google — experts who break news about Google and its surrounding ecosystem, day after day. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news, and follow 9to5Google on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to stay in the loop. Don’t know where to start? Check out our exclusive stories, reviews, how-tos, and subscribe to our YouTube channel