OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 is now rolling out for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro with the update bringing the slightly overdue October 2020 security patch, plus quite a few more tweaks and fixes on top.
After we saw the Android 11-based update begin rolling out last month, there was a distinct lack of the latest available Android security patch. OnePlus has since confirmed that OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 is the first update to the stable Android 11 build over on the official OnePlus Forums, and it duly delivers the October 2020 patch. That’s not all though, as it also brings a number of notable fixes to features introduced with OxygenOS 11.0.
The quick settings section now has 3 lines of toggles, which is up from the weird limit of 2 that Google introduced to its own developer preview program — and has since stuck with. This alone makes this patch worth downloading. OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 also brings some display brightness enhancements, which should help with the auto-brightness and improve overall device standby time.
Weirdly, the new Canvas Always-on display feature was omitted from the first OxygenOS 11.0 update. OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 addresses that by adding functionality for those missing out on the wireframe lockscreen customization option. There are some other optimizations including for Bluetooth, 5G, and Wi-Fi connections too, but you can check out the full changelog below:
OxygenOS 18.104.22.168 for OnePlus 8/8 Pro update changelog
- Optimized the frame stability algorithm to make the experience smoother
- Optimized adaptive brightness algorithm, making 8,192 levels of automatic brightness adjustment more comfortable
- Optimized background process management mechanism to improve standby-by performance
- The quick setting has been adjusted to three lines
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.10
- Improved system stability
- Ambient display
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path：Settings-Customization-Wallpaper-Canvas-Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically
- Optimized the intelligent 5G function to extend battery endurance capacity
- Optimized Wi-Fi connection to improve stability of connectivity
- Optimized Wi-Fi connection to reduce transfer delay
- Fixed the low probability issue that it was muted after connecting to Bluetooth
The OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 update package weighs in at 390MB, so it might be wise to ensure that you are connected to a stable Wi-Fi connection before attempting to download. Expect to see the OTA file over the coming days, as it is having an incremental rollout.
More on OnePlus:
- OnePlus Watch reportedly won’t be using Google’s Wear OS
- OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 rolls out for OnePlus 8T w/ alert slider, camera tweaks, plus more
- OnePlus 8T sees buy one get one 50% off promotion with free OnePlus Buds
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.