This week we start with some insight into YouTube Music’s long-awaited cloud upload locker then talk about declining hardware sales for Made by Google. We then recap what Google Maps announced for its 15th anniversary — yes, that icon.
Alphabet Scoop is available on Google Play, Google Podcasts, iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, and through our dedicated RSS feed for Pocket Casts and other podcast players.
New episodes of Alphabet Scoop are recorded every Thursday afternoon at 4-5 PM ET and published on Friday mornings. Subscribe to our podcast in Google Play or your favorite podcast player to guarantee new episodes are delivered as soon as they’re available.
- Sources: Internal YouTube Music gains music library upload as Play Music transition nears
- ‘Made by Google’ is a ‘multibillion-dollar revenue business,’ but Q4 2019 hardware sales see decline
- Alphabet reports Q4 2019 revenue of $46.07 billion, $15B/year YouTube ad revenue
- YouTube Music/Premium has 20 million paid subscribers, 2M for YouTube TV
- Google Maps gets new public transit features, ‘Live View’ to expand this year
- Google Maps gets redesigned mobile app, brand new logo on 15th birthday
- Google Photos trialing monthly subscription to get your best pictures auto-printed
Drop us a line at email@example.com. You can also soon rate us in Google Play, Google Podcasts, Apple Podcasts or recommend us in Pocket Casts to help more people discover the show.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.