Sling TV, one of the biggest YouTube TV competitors, has just announced that it is bringing free content to its apps on Android and Android TV.
Starting today, Android and Android TV users can download the Sling TV app to access a collection of completely free content. This content includes free episodes of some TV shows including Hell’s Kitchen, 3rd Rock from the Sun, The Illusionist, and others.
While the content array is limited, there’s no credit card information at all needed to set up the free content and, when the time comes, users can opt to subscribe to Sling TV by setting up an account. Sling is available on Android and Android TV through the Play Store.
As with Sling’s free experience on Roku, if you have an Android mobile, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV or Amazon Fire tablet, you will be able to experience Sling TV and watch free shows without entering credit card information. You will also have the option to create a Sling account and sign up for service, purchase pay-per-view events movies (Android and Roku only) and subscribe to standalone channels like Showtime, STARZ and more from the app.
To launch the Sling TV free experience, simply download the Sling TV app on a Roku, Android or Amazon device and follow instructions to access guest mode. Once in guest mode, you can browse and free watch content from the “My TV” screen and more:
- Access free episodes of TV shows: Browse ribbons on My TV and watch episodes of popular shows like Live PD: Police Patrol, Hell’s Kitchen, 3rd Rock from the Sun or movies like The Illusionist or Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans at no cost and without signing up for an account.
- Sign up for a Sling account and purchase pay-per-view events and movies: Browse popular content and pay-per-view events and movies for purchase, including more than 5,700 movie titles (Android and Roku only) – no base subscription to Sling necessary.
More on Android TV:
- Google Assistant adds ‘Showtime’ preset as Android TV adds support for routines
- New Nvidia Shield TV hardware passes through Bluetooth SIG hinting at coming release
- Google touts Android TV’s features alongside new survey results [Infographic]
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.