One of the physical differences between the more expensive LG Watch Sport and its less expensive brother, the Watch Style, is the addition of two buttons located on either side of the rotating side button. These are designed to be used as shortcut buttons for quickly launching applications and actions on the Watch Sport…
Out of the box, the two physical buttons on the LG Watch Sport are programmed to launch Google Fit Workout and Android Pay. These are both applications that are great to have at just a button press away (instead of requiring you to scroll through your list of applications). However, if you would like the physical buttons to launch a different application, Google makes it easy to do so from the watch’s settings menu.
How to customize the LG Watch Sport’s hardware buttons:
- Swipe down on the home screen to display the quick settings menu
- Tap on the gear icon to go to the watch’s settings menu
- Scroll down and select Personalization
- Tap on Customize hardware buttons
- Either select Top right or Bottom right to customize the button’s shortcut
- You can scroll through the list of applications and actions and tap on one to set it as the new button shortcut
Learn More About the LG Watch Sport
- Google announces LG Watch Style and LG Watch Sport, the first Android Wear 2.0 watches
- Unboxing the new LG Watch Sport [Video]
- PSA: LG Watch Style and LG Watch Sport are now available on the Google Store [Update]
- How to insert a SIM card into your LG Watch Sport [Video]
- LG Watch Style & Watch Sport review roundup: evolutionary software, standard hardware
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.