In this week’s top stories: Google Pixel XL vs. OnePlus 3T, our NOOK 7″ first impressions, Galaxy S8 reports, our Acer Chromebook 15 (2016) review, and much more.
We kick things off with our Google Pixel XL and OnePlus 3T comparison, giving you our thoughts on what are two of the year’s best Android phones. We give you our first impressions on the $50 NOOK 7″ tablet. And our reviews for the Acer Chromebook 15 (2016) and Sprint HTC Bolt arrive this week.
Moto reportedly gives up on smartwatches and Android Wear 2.0. Chrome 55 rolls out to Mac, Windows, and Linux and kills Flash by defaulting to HTML5. And Google tests a Material Design refresh for its desktop home and search pages.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Google Pixel XL vs. OnePlus 3T: Easily two of the year’s best Android phones, but not easy to pick
- NOOK 7″ first impressions: This is probably the $50 Google Play tablet you’ll want to gift this year
- Samsung said to be ready to step up its selfie game with the Galaxy S8
- New Android malware ‘Gooligan’ has breached over 1 million Google accounts
- Sprint HTC Bolt Review: Two struggling companies create a subpar & overpriced phone
- Evleaks shares an image of a mysterious new Huawei phone set for 2017 [Update: Mate 9 Lite]
- Moto is reportedly giving up on smartwatches, passing on Android Wear 2.0 launch
- The $50 NOOK tablet features Android’s adoptable storage, here’s how to set it up
- Chrome 55 rolling out to Mac, Windows, and Linux, kills Flash by defaulting to HTML5
- Acer Chromebook 15 (2016) Review: A step back from the original, but a good value for $199
- Google is testing a Material Design refresh of its desktop home and search pages
- Google offering a free 4-month trial of Google Play Music & YouTube Red, a $40 value
- How to download and manage movies and shows in the Netflix app for Android
- New Google apps bring wallpapers from Chromecast backdrops to Android and Mac
- Hangouts 15.0 adds GIF image keyboards on Android 7.1+ and fixes notification bug
- Google Timelapse shows how any location on Earth has changed over the past 32 years
- Google rolling out a new card-style layout for the Play Store [Video]
This week’s top videos |
Subscribe to get all 9to5Google’s stories delivered to your inbox daily. And to 9to5Toys for the best deals from around the web.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.