This is My Next just grabbed a screenshot from the Container Store internal documents which seems to indicate that they will be part fo Google’s new Wallet initiative. The rollout seems to be around September 1 and it appears that at least a few other companies will be signing up as well.
Meanwhile, TechCrunch seems to think VivoTech and Citibank are in on the deal.
We’ll be on hand tomorrow at noon Eastern with all of the details. Stop back, won’t you?
- Google Wallet NFC payment system to launch tomorrow (thenextweb.com)
- Google gets creative, names new NFC payment system Google Wallet? (engadget.com)
- Google, Sprint launching NFC wallet Thursday? (9to5google.com)
- Google, ISIS Plotting The Downfall Of The Magnetic-Strip Credit Card (fastcompany.com)
- Google Preps Mobile Payment System (informationweek.com)
- Google’s Digital Wallet: Why Google Wants To Reinvent How You Pay (huffingtonpost.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
You’re reading 9to5Google — experts who break news about Google and its surrounding ecosystem, day after day. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news, and follow 9to5Google on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to stay in the loop. Don’t know where to start? Check out our exclusive stories, reviews, how-tos, and subscribe to our YouTube channel