The Droid 3, likely pictured above, is getting a little more real this weekend as someone holding one of these beauts decided to run it through the NenaMark1 Benchmarking results (below).
The Results: The Droid 3’s Texas Instrument’s dual-core 1GHz OMAP4430 CPU boasts a PowerVR SGX 540 GPU, same 960×540/4-inch screen as the Motorola Atrix and is running Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread. Also codenamed Solana, the model is known to be a XT862.
Since these guys are being benchmarked, a release is likely coming soon – perhaps alongside the Droid X2 which is also expected to debut on May 26th with a qHD 4.3-inch screen and a Tegra 2. Neither of these devices look to be LTE, so we’re still waiting on a rebranded Bionic?
- “Motorola droid 3 tests confirm dual-core ti chip, qhd screen… (Electronista via TechNews AM)” and related posts (technews.am)
- Droid X2 Release Date, User Manual Leaked (pocketnow.com)
- Motorola Droid 3 Benchmarked; To Sport a Five Row QWERTY Keyboard (techie-buzz.com)
- Verizon Motorola Droid 3 Appears on NenaMark With Some Specs (pocketnow.com)
- DROID3 packs qHD display and TI dual-core tip benchmarks (slashgear.com)
- Verizon Delays First Dual-Core Tegra 2 Smartphone Launch: Motorola Droid X2 (mobilecrunch.com)
- “Gingerbread Update For Galaxy Tab Rolling Out” and related posts (androidauthority.com)
- Motorola Droid X2 release date revealed (ubergizmo.com)
- Motorola DROID X2 launching on May 26th! (intomobile.com)
- Droid X2 ready for May 26 launch? (engadget.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.